About New Leaf Custom Homes
Our focus is quality. We use modern materials and superior craftsmanship to bring your vision to life. While aesthetics are important, we ensure the unseen structure behind the facade will stand the test of time. Where possible and practical, we use local, Canadian-made products and materials.
Thinking about going "green"? We can recommend a wide variety of strategies, materials and mechanical (HVAC) options to help lower your energy consumption, while providing you with a healthier living environment and peace of mind. Building a highly efficient home or addition will typically cost a bit more, but that cost is offset by energy savings resulting in little if any net change in cost of ownership.
The term "Building Green" can be applied to all aspects of the process. To us it means creating living spaces with the following basic criteria:
- Energy Efficiency - Air-tight and well insulated
- Constructed with eco-friendly materials
- Minimal waste
- Maximize exposure to natural light and solar gains
These guidelines are achieved primarily through careful planning. Details such as house placement on your lot, window size/type/location, thermal masses and building material choices all play critical roles in the green building process. How these details are executed is also vitally important.
There are a variety of standards in Canada which offer guidelines and certification possibilities for new construction. You can find more information on Passive-House, LEED, Energy-Star, EnerGuide and more on the Resources page.
- A Variety of Services
- Free Consultations and Estimates
- Excellent Customer Service
- Competitive Rates
- Honesty and Integrity
- References available upon request
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Canadian Passive House Institute (CanPHI)
- Canadian Green Building Council (LEED)
- SWITCH Kingston - Alternative Energy
- KEBA - Kingston East Business association
...Proudly serving Kingston, Ontario, Canada!